City Scrap Metal Inc. reserves the right to accept or reject any and all metal. The final grading of all material will be determined by City Scrap Metal's ticket writers. Please review your ticket and ask any questions before you leave. We are happy to answer any and all questions.
- Bare Bright, BB Shall consist of No. 1 bare wire, uncoated, unalloyed copper wire, not burnt, not tarnished, not smaller than No. 16 B & S wire gauge. Must be bright and shiny copper wire.
- #1 Copper Shall consist of clean wire or tubing, untinned, uncoated, unalloyed copper wire and cable, not smaller than No. 16 B & S wire gauge, free of burnt wire which is brittle. Shall consist of clean, unalloyed, uncoated copper clippings, punchings, bus bars, commutator segments, and wire not less than 1/16 of an inch thick, free of burnt wire which is brittle; includes clean copper tubing.
- #2 Copper Shall consist of miscellaneous, unalloyed copper wire or tubing having a nominal 96% copper content (minimum 94%) as determined by electrolytic assay. Should be free of the following: Excessively leaded, excessively tinned, excessively soldered copper wire or tubing; brass and bronze wire; excessive oil content, iron, and non-metallics; copper wire from burning, containing insulation; hair wire; burnt wire which is brittle; and should be reasonably free of ash.
- Sheet Copper Shall consist of miscellaneous, unalloyed copper scrap having a nominal 92% copper content (minimum 88%) as determined by electrolytic assay and shall consist of sheet copper, gutters, downspouts, kettles, boilers, and similar scrap. Should be free of the following: Burnt hair wire; copper clad; plating racks; grindings; copper wire from burning, containing insulation; radiators and fire extinguishers; refrigerator units; electrotype shells; screening; excessively leaded, tinned, soldered scrap; brasses and bronzes; excessive oil, iron and non-metallics; and should be reasonably free of ash.
- Red Brass Red Brass will be minimum 85% copper. Shall consist of red brass scrap, valves, machinery bearings and other machinery parts, including miscellaneous castings made of a combination of the following; 85% copper-with a balance of tin, zinc, and/or lead.
- Semi-Red Brass Semi-red brass castings (78% to 81% copper)
- Yellow Brass Shall consist of mixed yellow brass solids, including brass castings, rolled brass, rod brass, tubing and miscellaneous yellow brasses, including plated brass. Must be free of manganese-bronze, aluminum-bronze, unsweated radiators or radiator parts, iron, and excessively dirty and corroded materials. Must also be free of any type of munitions including, but not limited to, bullet casings.
- Brass Shell Shall consist of clean fired 70/30 brass shell cases free of primers and any other foreign material.
- Brass Shavings Shall consist of yellow brass turnings, free of aluminum, manganese and composition turnings, not to contain over 3% of free iron, oil or other moisture; to be free of grindings and babbitts.
- Clean Auto Radiators Shall consist of mixed automobile radiators, to be free of aluminum radiators, and iron-finned radiators. All radiators to be subject to deduction of actual iron.
- Alum Beverage Cans Shall consist of old aluminum beverage cans. The material is to be free of other scrap metals, cat/dog food cans, foil, tin cans, plastic bottles, paper, glass, and other non-metallic items.
- Al/Cu Radiator Shall consist of clean aluminum and copper radiators, and/or aluminum fins on copper tubing, free of brass tubing, iron and other foreign contamination.
- Extrusion Material to consist of new production and old/used 6063 extrusions that may contain up to (but not exceed) 10 percent painted extrusions and 10 percent 6061 alloy extrusions. Must not contain other alloys of aluminum. Material should be free of zinc corners, iron attachments, felt, plastic, paper, cardboard, thermo break, and dirt and other contaminants.
- Alum Painted Siding/Guttering Shall consist of clean, low copper aluminum siding scrap, painted one or two sides, free of plastic coating, iron, dirt, corrosion, fiber, foam, or fiberglass backing or other non-metallic items.
- Old Sheet Aluminum Shall consist of clean old alloy aluminum sheet of two or more alloys, free of foil, venetian blinds, castings, hair wire, screen wire, food or beverage containers, radiator shells, airplane sheet, bottle caps, plastic, dirt, and other non-metallic items. Oil and grease not to total more than 1%.
- Clean Alum Sheet (MLCC) Shall consist of new, clean, uncoated and unpainted aluminum scrap of one specified aluminum alloy with a minimum thickness of .015” (.38 mm) and to be free of hair wire, wire screen, dirt and other nonmetallic items. Oil and grease not to total more than 1%. Also free from punchings less than 1/2” (1.27 cm) in size..
- Litho Plates To consist of 1000 and/or 3000 series alloys, to be free of paper, plastic, excessively inked sheets, and any other contaminants. Minimum size of 3” (8 cm) in any direction.
- Alum Shavings Shall consist of aluminum borings and turnings of one specified alloy. Material should be free of oxidation, dirt, free iron, stainless steel, magnesium, oil, flammable liquids, moisture and other non-metallic items.
- Clean Cast Aluminum Shall consist of all clean aluminum castings which may contain auto castings but no ingots, and to be free of iron, brass, dirt and other non-metallic items. Oil and grease not to total more than 2%.
- Alum Radiator Shall consist of clean aluminum radiators and/or condensers. Should be free of all other types of radiators. All contaminants including iron, plastic, and foam not to exceed 1% of weight.
- Light and Heavy Breakage Shall consist of aluminum with miscellaneous contaminants like iron, dirt, plastic and other types of contaminants. Material can either be sold based on aluminum recovery or content as agreed upon by buyer and seller. Must contain a minimum of 33% aluminum unless otherwise agreed upon by buyer and seller.
- Alum Foil Shall consist of old household aluminum foil and formed foil containers of uncoated 1000, 3000 and 8000 series aluminum alloy. Material may be anodized and contain a maximum of 5% organic residue. Material must be free from radar chaff foil, chemically etched foil, laminated foils, iron, paper, plastic and other non-metallic contaminants.