City Scrap Metal, Inc.’s Compliance Information
Bring your items to 1638 SE Decker Street in Lee’s Summit, MO. We will happily assist you in unloaded your vehicle. We weigh everything by grade on certified scales that you are welcome to view. Once weighed, you will receive a weight ticket that you will take to one of the two pay windows along with your valid state issued picture ID (expired or voided is not valid). Please review your ticket to insure that everything is correct (we are human, mistakes can happen). Once satisfied, sign and get paid!! It’s that easy!!
City Scrap Metal, Inc. strictly follows all laws governing the recycling industry set by the State of Missouri and the City of Lee’s Summit.
Valid State Issued Picture I.D. is required. Expired I.D.s are not valid. Preferred form is a state issued Driver’s License.
Policy covering Purchase of Aluminum Copper Radiators, Clean Aluminum Copper Radiators, Unclean Aluminum Copper Radiators, Aluminum Copper Radiator Ends, Sealed Units or Compressors (Components from Air Conditioners)
Effective July 14, 2014, City Scrap Metal, will only purchase ACRs, Clean ACRs, Unclean ACRs, ACR Ends and Sealed Units or Compressors if the customer can provide one of the following:
- Customer can provide an EPA License
- Customer can provide a receipt for replacement of the air conditioning unit or part
- Letter from the HVAC business releasing the material to the customer. Letter must state that all refrigerant was removed per EPA Regulations.
- Payment can be issued to a Business
Policy covering Purchase of Catalytic Converters
Effective May 27, 2014, City Scrap Metal, will only purchase catalytic converters if the customer can provide one of the following:
- The Title of the vehicle the converter was removed from. Name on the title and name on driver’s license must be the same.
- The Registration of the vehicle the converter was removed from. Name on Vehicle Registration and name on driver’s license must be the same.
- Personal Property Tax receipt showing the vehicle the converter was removed from. Name on Personal Property Tax receipt and name on the driver’s license must be the same.
- Receipt for replacement of the original catalytic converter.
- Original receipt from a Vehicle Recycling Center stating the vehicle was scrapped.
- Payment can be issued to a Business.
- Established catalytic converter business customer.
Policy for Small Appliances containing Freon
Effective May 6, 2013, City Scrap Metal will no longer accept small appliances (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, window air conditioners, water fountains, etc.) unless the compressor is still on the small appliance and the refrigerant lines have not been cut. City Scrap Metal will use a certified refrigerant abatement company to remove the refrigerant. We will not charge for this service and do not pay for the weight of the item being presented for recycling.
If you have the refrigerant removed by a certified refrigerant abatement company and can provide a certificate of removal, we will pay you our current steel price for the small appliance.
In compliance with 40 CFR Part 82, Section F, G, H
During each transaction:
1. The weight, quantity, or volume of the acquired regulated metal property is recorded.
2. An image of the person receiving payment for the material is captured.
3. Each customer must sign their ticket prior to payment being issued stating the regulated metal property is his own personal property, free of encumbrances, is not stolen and that he has permission to sell the item.
4. A check is issued for payments $500 and greater.
5. A copy is made of the seller’s valid driver’s license or photo identification issued by a state or United States Government. It is up to City Scrap Metal to decide if the picture identification is allowable.
6. A record of the vehicle used to deliver the material is recorded; license plate number, make, model, and color.
City Scrap reserves the right to refuse any item at our discretion.
Please call to see if City Scrap Metal can accept your material 816-525-4322